Diocesan Safe Environment Policy
The following are required for all those who have contact with children in diocesan schools.
1. The Diocese of Pittsburgh has a centralized electronic database for everyone who works and volunteers in our schools. Parents and others can complete the application online at www.diopitt.org. Scroll down and click on “Diocese of Pittsburgh Database Application” on the left side of screen. At the top of the new page, click on place indicated for those without user ID. This will take you to an application. The first section to fill in is Parish Affiliation. Choose “West Mifflin St. Agnes School” in that spot because it is the primary affiliation for all of us.” On the first page of the application, it will also ask for an access code; enter the word “protect” (no quotes)
2. Select volunteer and not employee. Be sure to complete all ten sections and submit.
3. Once the diocese does a background check and applies for your State Police Criminal Record. We will send you an application for the Dept. of Welfare Child Abuse Clearance. Please complete it and return it to school. We will apply for it for you. When you receive your clearance in a plain white window envelope PLEASE submit your PA Child Abuse History Clearance to the school office. When filling in the purpose of clearance, check school.
3. Obtain a copy of the The Code of Pastoral Conduct and sign an acknowledgement of receipt of the Code and send it to the office. You can get a copy of the Code at the school office or download one by logging onto the Diocesan website” www.diopitt.org, scroll down to Current Events on the home page, and click on Diocesan Sexual Abuse Prevention Effort.
4. Attend a Protecting God’s Children Seminar. This seminar is offered at parishes throughout the diocese. For a complete list of session and registration information log onto www.diopitt.org/ and click on link for Protecting God’s Children Workshops. Submit the certificate you will receive at the workshop at the school office.